VPN Connection in Windows XP
Assalamoalaikum! How to make vpn connection in windows xp?
VPN stands for virtual private network. There are several free vpn networks exist. You can easily find them over the internet. I’ll share these in next post. Here we learn to make vpn connection in win xp. see follow steps.
1. Open control panel by pressing windows then C.
2. move to network connections by pressing N then hit enter to open it.
3. now press tab 3 or more times to move on new connection option and hit enter on it.
4. new connection visit screen will appear here press enter on next to start the visit.
5. now arrow down to select “Connect to the network at my workplace” option and hit enter.
6. now arrow down and select virtual private network and hit enter.
7. now type the name of connection and hit enter.
8. Choose an option on the next screen and hit enter for Next. The default option, ‘Automatically dial this initial connection’ can be used if the VPN connection will always be initiated when the computer is not already connected to the Internet. Otherwise, choose the ‘Do not dial the initial connection’ option. This option requires that the public Internet connection be established first, before this new VPN connection will be initiated.
9. now Enter the name or IP address of the VPN remote access server to connect to, and hit enter.
you can get these details from your vpn provider. use below server
10. Choose an option on the next screen and hit enter to Next. The default option, ‘My Use Only,’ ensures that Windows will make this new connection available only to the currently logged on user. Otherwise, choose the ‘Anyone’s use’ option.
11. hit enter on Finish to complete the wizard. The new VPN connection information has been saved.
12. now go to control panel then network connections and select your vpn connection with arrow keys or by pressing first letter of its name.
13. press enter on it.
14. now type the username and password for vpn server. note below.
15hit enter on connect button and wait untill internet explorer opens.
16. when internet explorer and opens vpn servers homepage. then press B for I agree button. and hit enter on it.