There is no shutdown option in windows 8 start screen. You can shutdown or restart by pressing alt f4 on desktop. In this post we learn how to make shutdown and restart tiles in windows 8. See below steps.
1. Go to desktop by pressing Windows D.
2. refresh with f5. If not work then press ctrl A then press f5. this trick is used for windows 8 or 7 when unable to refresh lists with f5.
3. press application key then press W for new submenu then press S for shortcut.
4. now type “shutdown /p” in location field and hit enter.
5. Now type the name shutdown and hit enter.
6. now press windows D for desktop then S for shutdown.
7. press application key then P. or arrow down to pin to start and hit enter.
now press windows key and find shutdown tile in start screen with arrow keys or type shutdown in start screen. as you hit enter on it system will turn off.
Step 1, 2, 3 are the same as above.
4. type “shutdown /r /t 0” in location field and hit enter.
5. type the name “Restart” and hit enter.
Step 6, 7 are the same as above.
now go to start screen by pressing windows key and type restart and hit enter system will restart.
Note: When you type first few letters in start screen the required option automatically selected and jaws announced it hit enter to action.